Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J24000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Praise Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871295200
- "With its slant on Rudyard Kipling's private school experience integrated into the exotic jungle locales, this play sold out, appealing to the teacher's eye toward education and the child's sense of right and wrong and adventure."
- Review by Dennis Maulden, Vagabond School of Drama, Flat Rock, N.C.
- "Jungle Book was a wonderful experience for both cast and audience. Teachers also appreciated learning a bit about the author. Joseph Robinette is one of my favorite playwrights."
- Review by Marilyn Ludwig, Highland School, Downers Grove, Ill.
- "Fast moving, innovative telling of the well known children's story. The inclusion of young Rudyard gives a lovely opportunity for students to play different styles and physicalizations. Well received by audience."
- Review by Maureen Daly, Playhouse Community Theatre, Rocky Mount, N.C.
- "Fun! Fun! Fun! What a great way to treat this story. The parallel treatment of the human characters brings out the value of this great literary work."
- Review by Paul A. Orsett, Wakefield Theatre Company, Raleigh, N.C.
- "Audiences were howling with enthusiasm for this colorful adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's classic stories. Imaginative and adventurous, Mowgli's/Rudyard's tale is exciting for the whole family."
- Review by Julie Aiken, York Little Theatre, York, Pa.
- "What a great show! We liked how it goes back and forth from Victorian England, where Kipling is writing the story, to the jungle. There's adventure and humor. Nothing is too scary for the little ones!"
- Review by Ron Solomon, Make It Up As We Go Productions, Pearland, Texas
- "I loved the concept of the humans being the inspiration for the animal characters. This provides a challenge to the actors and creativity for all involved."
- Review by Dana McAfee, Warsaw Community High School, Warsaw, Ind.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We did this during the pandemic, which allowed us to create an on-stage "dorm room" with 4 walls for the "live action" (human) scenes. During the jungle scenes, 3 of the dorm walls turned into projections, and we used silhouettes of actors as well as cutouts to show what was taking place in Rudyard's mind."
- Tip by Jennifer Gross, St. Charles East High School, St. Charles, Ill.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).