The king and queen throw a ball to help their son choose a bride. The shy Prince Dalliance decides to wait for a magical sign to make his life-altering decision for him. When a beautiful lady in a sparkling blue ball gown appears, he is certain she is his one true love. They share a dance, but not a single word. Dreamy Dalliance is smitten. Before he can learn anything about this mysterious party-crasher, she rushes off, leaving only her glass slipper behind. With the help of Elise, his faithful servant and best friend, the prince sets out on a quest to find his lost love by trying the shoe on every single woman in his kingdom. His romantic plan seems to have worked perfectly when the slipper fits a sweet young peasant. Later that day at his hastily planned wedding, it is revealed that his bride-to-be was not at the ball and is an imposter. More ladies try on the shoe. More ladies' feet fit in the shoe. More weddings almost happen. Scheming social-climbers come up with clever ways to trick the hapless prince. The pompous king is embarrassed. The kingdom becomes bored and disillusioned with these mandatory celebrations of true love, but Prince Dalliance's determination to find the shoe's rightful owner never waivers. Finally, the prince discovers Cinderella, hidden away by her evil stepmother and stepsisters. But smart Cinderella isn't ready to marry some stranger who can only recognize her by her shoe size. Instead she uses her wits to get her father's cottage back from her evil stepmother and stepsisters and free herself from their tyranny. 67 Cinderellas debunks ridiculous traditional storybook notions of romance and what it means to be a princess. This two-act comedy for a large, flexible cast contains many group scenes giving the entire ensemble plenty of stage time, as well as providing special moments for each individual actor to shine.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S2L000
- Cast Size 32
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619591363
- "This hysterical satire covers the story of Cinderella as told through the prince’s perspective. It proves the nature of the story and common elements among most fairy tales to be silly and unrealistic, but also sheds light on how to truly find your soulmate. "
- Review by Bethany Paolini, Mandarin High School, Jacksonville, Fla.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Use the double casting provided in the back of the script to your advantage!! We also created flow charts for the characters to differentiate between upper and lower class. Would be interested to complete with modern-day style; we produced in a medieval time period. Costumes are tough, but some characters can be combined into one, and you can use accessories to differentiate. Many people on stage doesn’t leave much room for a large set; use backdrops if possible, or flats. "
- Tip by Bethany Paolini, Mandarin High School, Jacksonville, Fla.
“Presents many twists and turns to the age-old story of Cinderella … a hilariously fun-filled show.” —National Youth Arts Digest
|Artist Connection Theatre Inc||Jacksonville||Florida||9/10/2021||9/25/2021|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).