Spunky, young Ruth dreams of being a Knight of the Round Table. But King Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot and her other heroes laugh at her when she demonstrates her valor in a battle with a melodramatic lizard pretending to be a dragon. Humiliated, Ruth sets off to form her own queendom that is bigger and better than Camelot, bringing with her the lizard and a mule that she claims is a unicorn. Soon they are joined by a frog, whom Ruth declares to be an ogre; a skunk, whom she pronounces a wizard (because the skunk makes everyone disappear); and two kids, whom she dubs her bravest knights. On their quest, they meet the enchanting Lady of the Lake, a bumbling Merlin, riddle-loving trolls, a vain unicorn and the evil sorcerers Morgana le Fay and Mordred, who have their own plan to outdo King Arthur.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CR9000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591820
- "This a fun show with a great message. Ruth is a character that children and parents can relate to. There are many opportunities to be creative with scenery, costumes, and props. My high school students had a wonderful time performing and our audiences really enjoyed the show. The "dad jokes" from Cow were a big hit with the adults in the audience as well!"
- Review by Jennifer Jarman Sandau, Park Hill High School, Kansas City, Mo.
“You won’t want to miss this great take on Camelot and the power of a determined young girl.” —PHXStages.com
“The power of a spunky little girl is not be underestimated, for it can take her to great heights and make her detractors appear foolish.” —East Valley Tribune
|Starlight Community Theater||Phoenix||Arizona||3/1/2024||3/10/2024|
|Topeka Civic Theatre and Academy||Topeka||Kansas||2/17/2024||2/25/2024|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).