Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code TR5000
- Cast Size 21
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780886801915
- "This script wasn't as true to the novel as others I read, but it was much better for our cast size. It's a fun retelling for those who are familiar with the story and a perfect introduction for those who aren't. Like Twain's book, there are many laugh at loud moments, some of which we didn't realize would be so funny until we were in front of an audience (and often involving Joe Harper). The funeral scene seemed to be the crowd favorite each night."
- Review by Kelvin Bailey, Burkesville Academy of Fine Arts, Burkesville, Ky.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We struggled with how to pull off the fence-painting scene but ultimately decided on a simple approach that worked very well. Our set designer painted an "un-whitewashed" fence on one side of an 8X4 foam board and painted the "whitewashed" fence upside down on the other side. Of course, we began the scene with the un-whitewashed version and, while Tom and Becky were entertaining the crowd with their flirting scene, the actors who played Joe Harper, Alfred, and Ben simply flipped the flat over so the whitewashed fence was ready for Aunt Polly to behold."
- Tip by Kelvin Bailey, Burkesville Academy of Fine Arts, Burkesville, Ky.