Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code R11000
- Cast Size 14
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294005
- "The Ransom of Red Chief was an excellent play for young and older audiences. We received many compliments. The play itself is not difficult for younger children to perform. It was a great adaptation of the story."
- Review by Mark Richardson, Bay Tree Council for the Performing Arts, Red Bay, Ala.
- "All three performances were sold out. We had to add a matinee in order to accommodate the demand for tickets. The play brought our community together to experience a wonderful production. They are clamoring for more."
- Review by Ruthette Mills, Portage Players, Curtis, Mich.
- "This play is appropriate for upper-elementary students. We had three strong male actors, but the female roles are great, too. A good show when a large cast is needed."
- Review by Sharon Cruse, Heritage Christian School, Indianapolis, Ind.
- "This play was a ton of laughs, during rehearsals as well as performances."
- Review by Ana Clark, Quo Vadis Educators, Garland, Texas
- "Great adaptation of the short story. Easy to stage and costume. Fun for all audiences. Great opportunities for novice performers to develop characterization skills."
- Review by Jeff Courtier, Woodland Park High School, Woodland Park, Colo.
- "Provides opportunities for actors with a wide range of acting abilities. A much-loved showÑwe've done it twice now and will probably repeat in in the future."
- Review by Helen Scott, Westminster Academy, Creve Coeur, Mo.
- "Once the students got into this old-fashioned slapstick comedy, they loved it! We received rave reviews from the audience as there was never a dull moment. Comments include: "Best funny play I've seen in a long time," even a radio blurb about the excellent performance. Very successful!"
- Review by Luanne Warren, Clark High School, Clark, S.D.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Get plenty of stage hands and set designers/construction workers as this is about the most challenging task of the production."
- Tip by Mark Richardson, Bay Tree Council for the Performing Arts, Red Bay, Ala.
- "There are lots of propsÑgood to list and get head start on them from the "get-go." We did the play in 1900-1910 dress and were able to buy "looks like the time period" costumes at St. Vincent de Paul, Salvation Army and Goodwill."
- Tip by Ruthette Mills, Portage Players, Curtis, Mich.