Everyone is celebrating the placement of the last paving stone covering the last unpaved patch of ground on the planet—that is, everyone except Ito, a girl with ears so big she can hear the ground talking. Everyone else thinks Ito's "sound from the ground" is her attempt to justify her humiliatingly large ears. Even Jassmin, a lass with a nose so big she can smell a lie, doesn't believe in Ito's sound. Threatened with the forever-silenced ground, Ito risks the ire of her pa to share the ground sound ("spoken" in music) with normal-eared people. This modem comic fable about being different and sustaining the environment was workshopped at the Sundance Institute and premiered at Idaho Theatre for Youth.
NotesA script revision is available in the Downloads section.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LA1000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871299529
- "Outstanding script, my students had a great time with this."
- Review by Richard Pope, Waukegan High School, Waukegan, Ill.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).