Hillary Lennox is thrilled when Allison and Jane, two popular fourth-graders, invite her to join their ranks to become "the mighty three." With their generous guidance Hillary will learn how to think, talk, dress and be. Sara Kate Connolly, the little girl who lives in the dilapidated house adjacent to Hillary's backyard, has different plans for Hillary's future—Sara Kate wants Hillary to share in the wonder of the elf village that has mysteriously appeared in the Connolly back yard. Hillary discovers that Sara Kate's back yard hides not only an elf village but a terrible secret as well. Hillary promises to keep the secret, but the promise takes on a life and a horror of its own.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code A86000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871299598
- "A very bittersweet, intimate story about an important lesson in life. Most appropriate for middle school children."
- Review by Barb Widener, Pierce Middle School, Grosse Pointe, MI
- "Afternoon of the Elves was a terrific show for our junior high actorsÑa nice range of character roles, opportunity for in-depth character development, and a challenge without being daunting. It's such a well written play, and very effective on stage."
- Review by David Saygers, Toledo School for the Arts, Toledo, Ohio
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).