Join the fun at Pemberley Ranch with this smart and clever spin on Jane Austen’s great romance! Pride and Prejudice gets a wacky makeover in this tale of money, marriage and manners set in the Wild West. All of the usual characters are here with some eccentric behaviors, diversions and interests in a play where the idioms are as colorful as the costumes.With encouragement from Mrs. Bennet, who’s looking to get her daughters off the farm and hitched, Mr. Bennet pays a visit to Mr. Bingley. Bingley, who just bought Netherfield Ranch, is new to the neighborhood and “single as a polecat.” That visit results in the invitation to a ball, where the Bennet girls get to meet some fancy gents. Bingley takes a fancy to Jane while his friend, Mr. Darcy, also eligible and wealthy, looks down his nose at the whole clan, but later becomes enamored with Lizzie. Meanwhile, Preacher Collins proposes to Lizzie but is turned down, and Lydia falls for Lieutenant Wickham, a handsome fortune hunter. In the end, love, not money, rules the day as three daughters end up married and Mrs. Bennet joyously proclaims that Lizzie is “gonna have a gold plated six-shooter an’ a beaver skin coat!”
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CR3000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591486
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).