New York City, 1939. There's a mystery at Bailey's restaurant, one of Gotham's top dining establishments, and it's up to Katharine Hawks, the New York Herald-Tribune's Pulitzer Prize-winning ace reporter, to solve it! J. P. Thompson, editor of the struggling Herald-Tribune is desperately searching for a way to increase circulation. Across town, Stewart Bailey is simultaneously mourning the death of his father and preparing for his imminent wedding to socialite golddigger Tiffany Vandervanden. Stewart has just inherited his father's restaurant, the success of which was built on its famous soup du jour. There's only one catch: Stewart's father took the recipe with him to the grave, and Stewart—along with everyone else in the story—winds up searching wildly for the missing recipe. Editor Thompson decides he, too, must have the secret recipe to solve his paper's circulation problems. Enter Katharine Hawks to save the day. Sent undercover as a waitress to Bailey's restaurant to find the recipe for the famed soup, Katharine winds up losing her heart to Stewart Bailey. Once she learns Stewart has lost the recipe, Katharine is in a real dilemma: Career or love? Winning songs, lightning-fast dialogue in the Tracy-Hepburn tradition, and a great plot are the delicious ingredients of this delightful tribute to 1930s screwball comedies.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code SH7000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583421796
- "Good ingredients for a fun show: delightful music, great "one-liner" dialogue; the show has those you love, as well as those you hate!"
- Review by Janet E. Golding, Picketwire Center for the Performing Arts, LaJunta, Colo.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Show works well in a dinner-theatre settingÑactors can engage the audience directly and bring them into the show."
- Tip by Peter Kooy, Off Broadway Dinner Theatre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Media Reviews"Soup du Jour is as close to perfection as musical comedy gets! The recipe for successful musical comedy has been followed beautifully: take equal parts talent and chutzpah, mix in a workable plot, lovable characters and memorable songs and sprinkle with that certain magical ingredient that makes audiences thrill to be in the theatre." -Steadstyle Chicago
"Soup du Jour is the recipe for old fashion gaity! It's all about laughing, about toe-tapping tunes and witty lyrics." -Chicago Critic
"A madcap and charming homage to the past. Think pheasant under glass. Think cherries jubilee." -Chicago Pioneer Press
"Filled with laughter and catchy tunes, Soup du Jour is simply an evening of great, not-to-be-missed musical comedy." -Indiana News Dispatch
"With an expert score by Gregg Opelka and a lighthearted script by Todd Mueller and Hank Boland, this is a treat." -Chicago Reader
|The Scoop on the Soup||MP3||Download|
|Mr. Chaplin Wait Your Turn||mp3||Download|
|The Wedding Toast||mp3||Download|
|In Love With Kate||MP3||Download|
|A Lovely Scandal Makes a Lovely Day||MP3||Download|
|What Women Get Ya||MP3||Download|
|Ankara State Theater||8/1 Ulus||11/1/2017||11/1/2018|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).