Little Scrooge is an extremely creative, kid-friendly adaptation of the Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol. When an adolescent boy, Eben Scrooge, strikes it rich and makes a million dollars by inventing a popular phone app called Where's Fluffy?, which can help a person find a lost pet, he loses sight of what really matters in life. Eben's own life is taken over by greed. Worse, he actually stole the idea from his best friend, Bobbie Cratchitt, who now works for Eben, trying to raise money to buy the medicine that will help heal her little brother Tiny Tim's crippled legs. The show is loaded with lots of Christmas songs, sung a cappella, that will put smiles on the faces of everyone in the audience and enchant them. There is even a talking mirror to jolt Eben into seeing the reflection of the way his life will be if he doesn't change. The Ghost of Christmas Past (a surfer dude), the Ghost of Christmas Present (a beautiful spirit with an attitude) and the Ghost of Christmas Future (an eerie figure in white) help Eben to discover the true meaning of Christmas. Suitable for touring and kids of all ages, Little Scrooge is guaranteed to delight the entire family. It's the perfect holiday outing.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code LL4000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619590731
- "The play was funny, engaging, and perfect for a first time experience for new theatre students. Our group won second place in our competition. This play was fun to direct and to perform. The stage directions, props list, and staging information made the play easy to produce. I recommend this play as a great holiday performance for middle/high school students."
- Review by Christian Sturgis-Edwards, South Aiken HS, Aiken, S.C.
- "Our audience loved this show! It was short enough to keep even the youngest viewers entertained. It was a fantastic success for our theater company."
- Review by Katie Nott, Kaatza Lakeside Players Society, Lake Cowichan, British Columbia