The Imaginators is the story of three children and the power of imagination. Anne and Tim have just moved to a new town. Anne refuses to play with her little brother, Tim, fearing that kids at her new school will see them and make fun of her. Then they meet the girl from next door, the fabulous Nina Frances Elizabeth Vanderhelden. Using moving boxes and other objects found in the garage, Nina takes an eager Tim and a reluctant Anne on a great make-believe adventure. The three battle the child-eating monster, the Mooklecratz. The children discover their own strengths, the value of cooperation, and the unlimited power of their imaginations as they figure out how to defeat the beast. The play encourages children and adults alike never to lose their sense of play and creativity.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
The set can be as simple or elaborate as the production permits. The biggest technical requirement is the tail of the Mooklecratz. In the original Childsplay production, three tails were used: a retractable one attached to a belt on William's costume; a four-foot one for the first appearance of the tail and for the final one; and a 12-foot one used for the actual battles.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code I86000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $40/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | College Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583422663
- "The Imaginatorsis a hilarious play that reminds children and grown-ups alike about the power and magic of the imagination."
- Review by Jamie Carmichael, Florida Repertory Theatre, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).