Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SG2000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583426791
- "Still Life with Iris is a magical journey about the importance of memory and family. The production gives each actor an opportunity to explore and develop wonderful characters and promotes creative design in set, props, and costumes. It can be as simple or as complex as you'd like! Audiences of all ages will enjoy this wonderful show."
- Review by Joe Sendek, Perry HS Theatre, Perry, Ga.
- "This is a great show for newer-to-theatre students. Lots of great opportunities for comedy and serious moments."
- Review by Kendall Snyder, Rushing Middle School, Prosper, Texas
- "This was a fun and great show to work on with middle schoolers. "
- Review by Josee Axberg, Maple Grove Middle School, Maple Grove, Minin.
- "This was such a beautiful script. My students really enjoyed how the story weaved together so many different ideas. The mix of humor and depth of characters was just what my middle schoolers needed to dig deep into a character yet still have a great time and experience with the comedic moments. It was also fun to design and direct for me!"
- Review by Robin Leigh James-Ostrander, Hughes Springs Junior High, Hughes Springs, Texas
- "Incredible ensemble piece, I love the way it is written."
- Review by Velocity Brown, Linda Jobe Middle School, Mansfield, Texas
- "This script is a wonderful example of a well written drama that plays for all ages and performed by high school students. It has many lyrical qualities, both comic and intense emotional moments. With a splash of mystery."
- Review by Dave Denninger, West Lutheran HS, Plymouth. Minn.
- "Still Life With Iris is a magical and fantastical play filled with imaginative and allegorical elements. Appealing to children and adults, Dietz takes us into the contrasting spheres of Nocturno and Great Island as Iris adventurously explores her place in the world."
- Review by Nancy Vitulli, Cranston High School West, Cranston, R.I.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The most challenging aspect was figuring out the glass case scene. A great piece for young actors to get challenge themselves to make 2 characters different even though they were the same person in Matternot/Dad and Mom/Overlook."
- Tip by Josee Axberg, Maple Grove Middle School, Maple Grove, Minin.
- "We used projections in our show to help with all the props that were needed, especially when it came to the Great Goods. We also made past coats from jackets at Goodwill and added patches and buttons."
- Tip by Haley Crowe, Whitesboro Middle School, Whitesboro, Texas
- "Keep the set simple to allow for easy and fluid transitions from one setting to another. Allow time to develop the soundscape of the production that is driven by Mozart music."
- Tip by Nancy Vitulli, Cranston High School West, Cranston, R.I.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).