The moonstone, a sacred Indian gem protected by three guards and an ancient curse, is stolen by the British officer Herncastle. His life dissolves into ruin, his family rejecting him. In an act of revenge, he bequeaths the moonstone to his niece, Rachel, for her 18th birthday. As expected, the moonstone wreaks chaos on the family, disappearing the very night it is given to Rachel. Her plans to marry Franklin Blake are destroyed. Her high-minded cousin Godfrey is attacked. And the most renowned detective in all England suspects that the theif is none other than Rachel herself. The curse will only be removed with the return of the moonstone to its proper place. The Moonstone, filled with memorable characters, is quite sophisticated in delineating the complexities and misunderstanding of human interaction. It is considered to be among the best of modern English detective stories.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MC2000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Praise Groups
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420232
- "The Moonstone is a wonderful play for theatres with diverse ages of auditioners. There are strong, wonderful roles for people in all age groups."
- Review by Ricki Marking-Camuto, West County Family YMCA, Chesterfield, MO