Martina is an almost teenager who knows her life is simply the worst. Her face is breaking out. Her hair is monstrous. Her life is unfair. Her world is full of pressures, boundaries and contradictions. When she slams the door to her room and yells that she wants everybody to get out of her life, her "wish" is granted. Martina's waking nightmare journey brings her face to face with scary street people, a gang of raucous crows, a mythic makeover witch and other monstrous figures grown large out of her everyday life. Originally conceived and premiered by Metro Theater Company under the title Frankenstein's Children, the play is based on interviews with kids 10 to 18 years old. It is guided by the fact that Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein as a teen who had run away from home to escape to a new, better life, and that in her book, Frankenstein's "child" is a violent, intelligent, vulnerable, misunderstood monster. Martina: Lost and Found is a fantastical, realistic whirlwind about confronting fears and important choices to set a course of growth and responsibility.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MF2000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583423967
- "The play packed a wallop right up to the end… Boys and girls alike found their own stories in Martina's journey…[it] really spoke to the heart of their emotional world."
- Review by Carol North, Artistic Director, Metro Theater Company