The operation was a total success. When the bandages were removed, the man with the Humphrey Bogart face "buys a trench coat and a big gun and opens an office under the name of Sam Marlow, Private Investigator. Hiring a bosomy breathless blond for a secretaryeceptionist, he sits behind his desk, pours himself a slug of rye, and waits for the clients to appear. Of course they come! Bizarre ones, silly ones, you name them, they all come. Naturally, the deadly ones are somehow tied up with the beautiful dame, the one who looks just like Gene Tierney in Laura. There's a plot full of twists and turns, intrigue, greed and deadly danger, but why spill the beans? It seems enough to say The Man With Bogart's Face [has] its heart rooted in the heritage of good old movies." (Robert Sternberg) The Man With Bogart's Face is a loving tribute to the genre of hard-boiled detectives of the 1940s and the Hollywood movies that glorified their derring-do…Fenady obviously has a strong affection for those tough private eyes and gorgeous women who both plagued and pursued them." (The Hollywood Reporter) Variety called Fenady's original book "a fast-moving story, with action and staccato dialog that literally bring Bogart to life." Now Fenady brings his action to the stage in an utterly unique way that is entertaining, hilarious and suspenseful.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MB9000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871299994
Media Reviews"A fast-moving story with action and staccato dialogue that literally bring Bogart to life." -Variety
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).