NotesPLEASE NOTE: This title is in unbound manuscript format. Upon licensing, a permission to photocopy form will be issued.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Some of the advantages to producing radio plays:
One Simple Set—A radio station—made up mostly of drapes, a control booth (if desired), mikes, and sound effects equipment.
Less Wardrobe—no changes of wardrobe are necessary.
Less Staging—actors simply stand at mikes most of the time.
Less Rehearsal—actors don't memorize lines—they just read them.
Fewer Cast Members—one actor plays many parts.
No Props—only scripts.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MD7000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $39.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422090
- "A fun play about a detective who looks and sounds like Bogart. Fortunately, in audio theater, the lead only needs to SOUND like Bogart. The play has memorable characters and is fun for the audience"
- Review by Scott Anderson, Northwest Arkansas Audio Theater, Springdale, Ark.,
- "This radio drama was based on the original, very well-written script! The cast and our audiences enjoyed the adult-themed innuendo! We placed three technicians on stage and they handled most of the sound effects from thereÑmusic stings and bridges were tapes."
- Review by Connie Hoekstra, Wilton Fine Arts Guild, Wilton, Iowa
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "This is an actor's dream - no lines to learn - but be aware that sound effects and music are big parts of the production and require extra time to find and must be made an integral part of the production."
- Tip by Connie Hoekstra, Wilton Fine Arts Guild, Wilton, Iowa
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).