The holidays are here again! But is that any reason for another production of A Christmas Carol? Brodwyn Branson, the Scrooge-like director of a local children's theatre, certainly doesn't think so. But without the green it brings in, his little drama company would be in the red! Still, Branson can barely conceal his contempt for the whole affair. But just as Branson's humbug-ish attitude is beginning to rub off on his young actors and threatens to ruin the show, he is visited by a series of Christmas spirits, including his former agent, an acid-tongued drama critic, and an Elvis impersonator whose specialty is smelling like The King. Subjected to an eye-opening tour of his own life, Branson comes to understand that the message of the classic Dickens' tale is every bit as relevant today as it ever was. And, miraculously, the kids pull the show together in the nick of time. A witty script, delightful characters and unforgettable songs make The Last Christmas Carol the perfect show to put any Scrooge in the holiday spirit!
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code L08000
- Cast Size 22
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420805
- "A wonderful addition to the Christmas holiday repertoire. Easily staged, manageable casting, good songs. Our audience loved it and asked that we consider bringing it back in future years."
- Review by Dennis Knapp, Circle Theatre, Barnwell, S.C.
|Northwestern Lehigh Hs||New Tripoli||Pennsylvania||11/29/2018||12/1/2018|