Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J26000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297020
- "Excellent. Both hilarious and deeply moving. Great for a high school production. We blew away the audience with this show. They didn't know what to expect, and they were quite pleased."
- Review by Scott Schwarz, Baraga High School, Baraga, MI
- "John Lennon and Me is a tremendously moving play. The characters were wonderfully written and a marvelous challenge to play."
- Review by Drama Director, Chestermere High School, Calgary, AB
- "My kids have been touched deeply by the characters in this play. It is fun to do and fun to watch. It is a perfect play for a middle school."
- Review by Chris Day, Grace Christian School, Raleigh, NC
- "This is one of the most wonderful experiences my cast/crew and I have had! "John Lennon & Me" was beautifully written, fun to rehearse, brought us all closer, and was loved by our audiences!"
- Review by Terri Woodd, Riverview High School, Sarasota, FL
- "John Lennon & Me is a great play for high school performers because they can relate to the young characters and the universal themes of friendship, acceptance, and love."
- Review by Toni Manning, Suttons Bay High School, Suttons Bay, Mich.
- "John Lennon & Me was a wonderful play with challenging roles for teen actors and a warm story with characters you can't help but love."
- Review by Starshine Stanfield, County Seat Players, Buford, Ga.
- "My students actually asked to produce this play. Our school performed it three years ago, and they wanted to do it again. They rank it as the best show they have ever done."
- Review by Denise Paczewitz, Trenton Public Schools, Trenton, Mich.
- "Middle-school actors and audiences love John Lennon & Me. Our first production was so popular that we restaged it seven years later and invited the original cast back for a play reunion."
- Review by Cynthia Angst, Baldwin School, Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- "This is a powerful play about tolerance, acceptance and love. Star's spunk and sense of humor, coupled with her tendency to step out of the action for bits of narration, add the humanity that makes this story all the more touching and thought-provoking. It is a unique and poignant reminder of everyone's need to belong and be loved."
- Review by Leslie Thomas, Whitefish High School, Whitefish, Mont.
- "I have wanted to do this play for many years and finally had the opportunity to do so. I was not disappointed. John Lennon & Me offers many challenges for acting and staging but the message and script serve them both very well. Standing ovations evey night and happy kids on stage and in the audience. Thanks."
- Review by Lyle Johnson, A. E. Peacock Collegiate, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
- "This is a perfect show for middle/high-school students. It has emotional depth but offers ample opportunity for comedic timing. It is a great vehicle for a "star" performer but has great roles for a number of students."
- Review by Toby Burbidge, Campion School, Athens, Greece
- "A super play that has something for just about everyone. Just keep the tissues handy."
- Review by Steve Wilcox, West High School, West, Texas
- "Awesome script to work with. It was the perfect show for my youth theatre company."
- Review by Charla Cochran, CDF's StageDoor Youth Theatre, Birmingham, Ala.
- "This is an excellent show for an advanced class to produce because of the mixture of comedy and drama. The dramatic elements are so natural and the comedic are a bit over the top. Audiences were captivated."
- Review by Dana McAfee, Warsaw Community High School, Warsaw, Ind.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Spend lots of time with character development exercises. Allow ample time to research the diseases and their implications."
- Tip by Pam Csaky, Wadsworth High School, Wadsworth, Ohio
- "The John Lennon t-shirt posed a problem. I had a talented art student create a life-like sketch of John's face and we ended up using it for the t-shirt, our poster, and programs. Also: use mint-flavored stage blood since it has to be at star's mouth."
- Tip by Toni Manning, Suttons Bay High School, Suttons Bay, Mich.
- "Don't underestimate the creative experience the "flunkies" can bring to this show."
- Tip by Larry Brandstetter, Red Oak Middle School, Red Oak, Iowa
- "We used a huge 12-foot by 10-foot painting of John Lennon as backdrop. It moved about stage making different playing areas."
- Tip by John Carroll, Shandon High School, Shandon, Calif.