This might be called a southern soap opera spoof with a "You Can't Take It With You" family, mountain style. Big "Buck" Fever is trying to protect the old homestead from becoming a freeway, and now the IRS wants to know why he hasn't filed a tax return for four years. As he wonders if they might take a bribe, old Gramma Fever carries a rifle and leads the enthusiastic group in singing folk songs. Nancy Fever, beautiful and friendly, tries hard to keep track of all her boyfriends until the handsome young man from "outside" comes into her life. While the group finally realizes something about what is really important in life, this is a comedy to do just for the fun of it.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code B49000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583424216
- "Our small-town, rural farming community particularly enjoys the humor found in Pat Cook's plays. Since hunting is our area's only tourism draw, the title alone brought in a big crowd. They could really relate to Buck's financial/family problems with loads of laughter."
- Review by Mary Couch, Scotland County R-1 High School, Memphis, Mo.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Set decoration was simpleÑa local taxidermist covered the walls with his mounts. It was great advertising for his business and saved me time and money."
- Tip by Mary Couch, Scotland County R-1 High School, Memphis, Mo.