In nine self-contained scenes with new arrangements of eight familiar Christmas carols, an old legend about the first Christmas comes to life. Some say there were not three wise men who started out to worship the baby Jesus, but four! Artaban, the other wise man, travels a more difficult path as he is torn between his desire to reach the Christ child and present his gifts with the other Magi, and the desperate needs of the people he meets along his route: a merchant who has been attacked by wild animals, four orphan children who are being sold as slaves and a mother whose baby is threatened with execution by Herod's soldiers. In choosing to stop and help each of them, Artaban comes to a deeper understanding of Jesus' word: "If you have done a kindness for one of these, the least of my brethren, you have done it unto me." Music score available upon request. One score will be automatically provided for production.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code F09000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages) | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | Touring Group | Praise Group
- Genre Melodrama
- ISBN(13) 9780871298812
- "This was a fun, heartfelt Christmas play. Some of my students felt uncomfortable with the portrayal of the slave auction."
- Review by Brent Ruckle, Louisville Adventist Academy, Louisville, Ky.
- "It went over very well. My junior high drama class did all the acting. Easy, practical sets. Costumes were very easy to make: lots of bathrobes and towels."
- Review by Kathy Hellinga, Neerlandia Public Christian School, Neerlandia, Alberta, Canada
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).