"On time! On time! You've got to be on time," or you'll miss the opportunity to make stars of your performers. On Time includes ten "time-oriented" scenes, each with its own mini-cast so that every performer can enjoy his or her own moment in the spotlight. Using a variety of styles, this funny, high-energy musical features such hits as "On Time" (an upbeat production number including the entire cast); "Time's Up" (a humorous melodrama featuring a lady in distress, a villain, a hero, and a train crew); "Junior High Blues" (a comical adolescent blues, featuring a soloist and backup group); "My Favorite Time of Year" (a lyrical yet humorous song about the season); "Bedtime" (a comedic monologue, featuring a child who does not wish to go to bed); "I'd Like to Tell Time a Thing or Two" (a humorous nightmare about telling time, featuring a child, Father Time, and nightmare clocks); "The Seven Ages of Man" (a thought-provoking scene with a narrated mime sequence featuring lines from As You Like It); "Future Technology" (three hilarious short skits about the future, featuring a clerk at McKnowledge, a fast-food restaurant which specializes in brain food); "Deferred Gratification" (a very funny tango); and "Quality Time" (a final production number featuring an all-cast kick line). Produced at both elementary and middle schools, this musical has won raves from students, teachers and parents alike. And audiences love its music and its humor!
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code O05000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294685
- "The play gives the director enough freedom to stage it creatively, yet gives enough direction to give the students a place to start. The length is perfect for middle school. The spirit is infectious."
- Review by Mary Corrigan, Northfield Middle School, Northfield, VT
- "It was an excellent vehicle for young children -- we especially appreciated the opportunity for MANY parts, as every young kid wants to be a star! The length was good, and our audience was enchanted by it all. Thanks!"
- Review by Jean Sibley, Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church, Denver, CO
- "On Time is a bright energetic musical appropriate for junior high school students. It is easily rehearsed in blocks and the "lead" wealth is spread throughout the production."
- Review by Richard Marcucci, Moorestown Friends School, Moorestown, NJ
- "This musical offered every child in the production a speaking role and singing solo -- big smiles on every child's face! The audience loved the comedy and tapped their toes through the catchy musical numbers!!"
- Review by Carol-Ann Black, Showbiz Kids, Allen Park, MI
- "On Time allowed for a number of people to be in the show where everyone had something to feature their talents. Music was easy to learn and the show was entertaining. It was adaptable for a high school audience."
- Review by Mary Lynn Merklinger, St. Martin's Secondary School, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada