The movie of the week starred Richard Thomas, Katharine Isobel, Charles Bronson and Ed Asner. A young girl writes a letter to the editor of the New York Sun. "Dear Editor, I am eight years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says if you see it in the Sun, it's so. Please tell me the truth. Is there a Santa Claus?" Ed Mitchell, the editor, assigns Frank Church—a reporter on the verge of self destruction—the task of answering Virginia's question. Church's quest and reply have become one of the world's most quoted and beloved editorials. Manuscript format.
NotesPLEASE NOTE: This title is in unbound manuscript format. Upon licensing, a permission to photocopy form will be issued.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Some of the advantages to producing radio plays:
One Simple Set—A radio station—made up mostly of drapes, a control booth (if desired), mikes, and sound effects equipment.
Less Wardrobe—no changes of wardrobe are necessary.
Less Staging—actors simply stand at mikes most of the time.
Less Rehearsal—actors don't memorize lines—they just read them.
Fewer Cast Members—one actor plays many parts.
No Props—only scripts.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code Y26000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $39.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422106
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).