It's going to take a lot more than a few crackers to balance the monotony of mindless repetition and incessant greed in the life of the Shakespeare-reciting, gluten-intolerant parrot, Pauline. One day, in the midst of a ship-looting-gone-wrong, she flies away, determined to find her own voice and pursue her acting career in Pollywood. After all, a life surrounded by snarky monkeys and grungy pirates and on a constant quest for the crown jewels can ruffle anyone's feathers. However, when the pirates discover that Polly has run away, they experience an awakening of sorts and determine together that it is not too late to change their scoundrel ways, which leads them directly toyou guessed it!Aargaholics Anonymous. Now united as one team, this group of freshly reforming, rival pirates struggles, laughs, cries and overcomes 30 days in a program designed to refine, reinvent and conquer their pirating ways. On the very last day of the program, they are awarded, of course, a free cruise to the Caribbean to celebrate their new lifestyles, where all is smooth sailing until a collision with another ship begs the ultimate question: what, really, are the true treasures in life? Polly Wants a Curtain Call is as engaging as it is funny, wild and creative and incorporates a hilariously absurd cast of characters and a steady moral compass to keep you smiling all the way home.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code PM5000
- Cast Size 22
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591059
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).