Tawny Linkletter is “Miss Everything” in high school. She even won the school fight song contest with her entry, “We Bite.” Everything was going great until she was charged with stealing the tune from another source. Now she faces a charge of plagiarism in the second degree and is due in Teen Court for the school trial of the decade. The prosecutor, Odessa Permian, is experienced and looking for the big conviction. The bad news for Tawny is that her school-appointed defense counsel, Archer Attaway, is the high-school “loser” and is not known for his skill in anything, much less legal defense. The prosecution has several high-profile witnesses who are willing and eager to testify against Tawny in the school courtroom. Can Archer overcome enormous odds to ensure that justice is done in the high-school Teen Court trial of the decade?
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code TW1000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619592087
- "Teen Court is a great play for a small cast and crew without a lot of resources. Your students will be challenged by the dialogue."
- Review by Nyah Sekel, Dr. Henry A. Wise HS, Alexandria, Va.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).