The story goes, according to legend, that when Pandora's box was opened all sorts of pleasures and evils escaped. Just what sort of package has Marvin Hanover opened, he wonders, as he tries to sell insurance to Miss Thorndyke. First, she really isn't Miss Thorndyke—she's Ida Simpkins and she doesn't actually live at the address she gave him over the phone. She seems to have more questions for Marvin than he ever saw on any application. Panicked by the evening news and her rundown neighborhood, she grills Marvin like a hamburger patty. Lines fly fast and ferociously in this cat-and-mouse adventure with Marvin wondering just who's the cat and who's the mouse. Before he can get out the door, Ida has him on the witness stand and whimpering for another glass of tea. And that is his big mistake. That is when he finds out just who the cat really is.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code P64000
- Cast Size 2
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871298591
- "When we reached the conclusion, the audience was stunned. They laughed, felt an immediate reaction that they should not have laughed, then broke into enthusiastic applause. They were totally drawn into this plot."
- Review by S. Martin, Columbus Community School District, Columbus Junction, IA
- "Our audience was warned to keep their wits about themÑit's impossible to guess what will come out of the box next in the clever Pandora's Revenge! Our dinner theatre audiences "ate it up"!"
- Review by Mary Scott, Edom Civic Theatre, Brownsboro, Texas