Take a group of high-school students waiting at the bus stop on a Monday morning after a crazy weekend and watch the hilarity and anxiety explode due to unreturned texts from a girlfriend, parental pressures, friendship tensions, fashion mistakes that have "loser" written all over them, athletic ambitions and academic terrors. The teens express their expectations and uncertainties in the haunting song "High School." The bland announcer over the loudspeaker tells everyone that fellow student Josh Becker committed suicide over the weekend. Monologues convey each student's reaction—including hidden fears that bullying may have led to Josh's death. "Teenage Brain" is a brilliant point-counterpoint song that captures the panic of trying to retain the massive amount of information students are expected to know in every subject they encounter. "Gimme a Break" gets faster and faster as the time for lunch, fun and hanging with friends is running out. "Ask Me to Dance" reveals the dread and excitement of going to the high-school dance. By the end of the day, many truths are confronted as the students learn to face their lives with hope. High School Confidential was first produced at Primary Stages, the award-winning off-Broadway theatre company.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code HF6000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583428290
- "High School Confidential was incredibly well received at our school. From students to administration, the reviews were stellar .... The show really benefits from tight timing. The spartan stage puts the focus squarely on the actors. All in all, I would STRONGLY recommend HSC. It's fun, it's serious, and it sends a message without being preachy."
- Review by Scott Piehler, Providence Christian Academy, Suwanee, Ga.
|Gimme a Break
|Ask Me to Dance