Caitlin is an 11-year-old girl on the autism spectrum. Not all things make sense to her. Emotions are mysterious and voices are almost always too loud. Suddenly, she must grapple with the unthinkable: a mass shooting has taken her brother away. He was the one person who helped her cope. Now she is alone with her grieving father and a cacophony of children at school. She struggles to understand empathy, what facial expressions mean and why a drawing might have more than one color. We see the world from Caitlin’s point of view. We struggle as she does. We also take comfort in the times when she finds a friend, draws a multicolored mockingbird and can finally cry for her brother.
Limited Streaming Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Read an Excerpt
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MS2000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592810
- "What a wonderful play! Audiences raved at our production. Mark Brown captured Dickens so much that it's a wonder Dickens himself didn't give him advanced notes!"
- Review by Robert M Lasky, Jr., MTM Players, New Egypt, N.J.
|Hyatt Regency Louisville||Louisville||Kentucky||6/12/2023||6/17/2023|