Limited Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MR5000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 85 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592117
- "Beautiful script. Easy to produce with plenty opportunities to be creative in the story-telling."
- Review by Troy Herbort, Socorro High School, El Paso, Texas
- "It's a powerful piece that can move the audience emotionally, and educate them at the same time. "
- Review by Winston Sims, Marvin Ridge High School, Waxhaw, N.C.
- "Mockingbird is a great story that provides a powerful message to the audience. In this show, the character's relationships and character development are super critical to the overall story. As far as the technical elements go, less is more is what we found beneficial to our production. This show really allows the actors to develop good character study practices and character relations."
- Review by Emily Hernandez, Beckendorff JH Theatre, Katy, Texas
"Mockingbird was an EXCELLENT experience for both our cast and crew AND our audiences. The production and story pushed our lead actors and full ensemble in NEW ways that helped us grow, with the complexity of characters for leads and the needed skills to portray a range of emotions, range of ages, and freeze and show scenes in slow motion for our ensemble.
Our audiences, including several hundred middle school students, felt the impact of the message to "walk in someone else's shoes" before judging him or her.
This is just a BEAUTIFUL and MOVING production that really made an impact on our local community.
- Review by James McCulloch, Mariner Drama, Marine City, Mich.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "This show is very unique in the fact that it flows seamlessly from one scene to the next and we jump to several different locations. The way I decided to tackle that was to have three structures in the back of the stage that would be in one position when we were anywhere in the school and another position when we were at home."
- Tip by Morgon Owen, Asbury University, Lexington, Ky.
- "Be prepared for challenges for leads with complexity of characters. For ensemble, we ran many exercises that worked on slow motion and portraying a range of full facial expressions.
Keep the set simple to allow the show to move quickly from scene to scene.
- Tip by James McCulloch, Mariner Drama, Marine City, Mich.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).