"This is the most hopeless place in the world!" Hilda intones as she and Satch, her assistant, argue over what time it is. She dreams of faraway places and only finds tedium in running the Holly Railway Station. That is, until Leo Tannenbaum drops in out of nowhere the day before Christmas Eve. Suddenly, an old radio that hasn't worked in years springs to life, the local group of carolers (which usually yowls like a gang of wet cats) begins to sound like the Morman Tabernacle Choir and the whole town gets the Christmas spirit. Coincidence? Or is Leo doing all this? Even Satch changes his tune when it turns out that Leo might be on the run. This nostalgic theatrical greeting card is full of eccentric small town characters, wise-cracking their way to finding the true wonder of Christmas. And on the way, they make us all wish we could take a ride on The Christmas Express.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code C45000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871295620
- "Well received -- very appropriate for the season -- audiences laughed, cried, and applauded. Easily staged -- a nice turn from traditional Christmas offerings."
- Review by Lloyd Lowery, Way Off Broadway Players, Midway, AR
- "An uproarious, touching holiday comedy, sure to rekindle the spirit of all who get "thrown off track" this time of year."
- Review by David Squires, Random Actors, Glendale, Ariz.