Connor Murphy wants a go-cart for Christmas in the worst way. And that's how he sets out to get it. Miss McLaughlin, his teacher, really gums up the works by handing out report cards just before vacation. "This is a socks and underwear card if ever there was one," his best friend Neil tells him, blighting his hopes. His other best friend, Tater, is no help either—he is busy learning his one-word speech for the Christmas Pageant. His brother and sister stir up the household as the holiday approaches. In his mind, Connor sees everyone ganged up against him like a Greek chorus. He even pictures Dad reciting a theme paper entitled, "What I Got for Christmas." And it's up to Dad to perform the impossible by Christmas morning. Hysterical situations abound in this loving memory of Yuletide charm back when if you had a dollar it was more money than you knew what to do with; if you had an hour to play, it seemed forever and the best time in the whole world was Christmas. From the author who gave you Three Murders and It's Only Monday! and Baker's Dozen.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D55000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871292124
- "It is a fun, warm-hearted romp through Christmas, and it makes you feel good."
- Review by Suzan Fulton, Amateur Community Theatre of Rowlett, Rowlett, Texas