Stampeding elephants! Raging typhoons! Runaway trains! Unabashedly slapstick! Hold onto your seats for the original amazing race! Join fearless adventurer Phileas Fogg and his faithful manservant as they race to beat the clock! Phileas Fogg has agreed to an outrageous wager that puts his fortune and his life at risk. With his resourceful servant Passepartout, Fogg sets out to circle the globe in an unheard-of 80 days. But his every step is dogged by a detective who thinks he's a robber on the run. Danger, romance, and comic surprises abound in this whirlwind of a show as five actors portraying 39 characters traverse seven continents in Mark Brown's adaptation of one of the great adventures of all time.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code AC2000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583423936
- "This is a great script for a large group. Lots of small roles for less experienced actors."
- Review by Sandy Kutyn, Kings Christian School School, Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
- "We had an excellent production. Very well received by our audiences and reviewers."
- Review by Peter Earle, The Academy of Performing Arts, Orleans, Mass.
- "Around the World is the best script I've produced from Dramatic Publishing. It is funny, well written, and full of action and drama. The cast had lots of fun, and it was very popular with the audience."
- Review by Richard Bellamy, Cape Cod Academy, Osterville, Mass.
- "We enjoyed performing Around the World in 80 Days. Our high schoolers have performed nine plays over the last nine years and we were told that this was our best play by far. We performed the play with thirteen students performing various parts."
- Review by Bruce Barker, Faith Christian School, Lake Odessa, MI
Media Reviews"Smart enough to make sophisticated adults laugh out loud. And shamelessly silly enough to keep children interested and entertained!" -The New York Times
"High-spirited and cheeky." -New York Daily News
"A trip well worth taking." -New York Post
"Eye-popping … a rollicking voyage." -www.broadwayworld.com
"Witty in the extreme. … A treat to watch." -Los Angeles Times
"Ingeniously adapted … a wildly whacky, unbelievably creative, 90-miles-an-hour, hilarious journey! A ton of fun for all ages." -The Tolucan Times
"High-spirited." "Flat-out hilarious." "Ingenious and imaginative." -Ithaca Times
"Action and hilarity to spare." -Boston Globe
|Master Arts Theatre||Grand Rapids||Michigan||6/6/2019||6/22/2019|
|Vanguard University Lyceum Theater||Costa Mesa||California||4/12/2019||4/28/2019|
|Lincoln Center Magnolia Theatre||Fort Collins||Colorado||9/7/2018||9/16/2018|
|University of Southern Mississippi||Hattiesburg||Mississippi||6/21/2018||6/30/2018|
|Sawmill Center of the Arts||Cooksburg||Pennsylvania||6/28/2018||7/7/2018|
|The Human Race Theatre Company Loft Theatre||Dayton||Ohio||2/28/2019||3/17/2019|