We join the prolific naturalist Professor Aronnax, his devoted assistant Conseil and the gritty harpooner Ned Land for an epic journey aboard the Nautilus, the world's first submarine vessel. Forcefully led by the dangerous and enigmatic Captain Nemo on an unprecedented tour of the seven seas, our three heroes are confronted by harrowing challenges, incredible adventure, and a host of most unusual creatures. They must also wrestle with the dark forces that lurk in the depths of men's souls if they are ever to return home alive. In this daring new adaptation of Jules Verne's classic 19th-century saga, an emphasis on action strips this adventure down to its essence, bringing spectacle and ensemble to the fore. While this work is primarily an adaptation of a classic piece of literature, it also contains a hint of satire, which stems from our love of '80s and '90s genre films, action-comedies in particular. References to Predator, Die Hard, The Last Boy Scout, Hudson Hawk, The Whole Nine Yards, Jaws and Blade Runner are peppered throughout the script to help lend a contemporary flavor.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code TV1000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619590892
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).