Screams in the dark and galloping goose flesh! Here's a modern mystery-comedy suited to any group searching for a play that has no problems in terms of production. Glamorous, young television producer Norma Corwin made a childhood vow that once in her life she would spend a night alone in The Inn of the Three Sisters, an eerie and forbidding hotel famous for an unresolved murder, horrifying spirit manifestations and murderous intrigue. When she learns the inn is to be dynamited to make way for a new highway, she decides the time is now (or never) and the fun begins. A strange assortment of uninvited "guests" arrive to add more mystery: ESP expert Madame Lugosi; a young serviceman who says he's lost his way; a doomed young woman who comes to warn Norma that she's in great danger; and the spirits of the three young sisters who, with the villainous handyman Flint, are cursed to relive the ghastly murder each night.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code H38000
- Cast Size 20
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871292520
- "We loved the playÑit had lots of outrageous characters, fit into a 70-minute period, and was perfect for a high-school audience."
- Review by Deborah Craig, Stouffville District Secondary School, Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
- "What a wonderfully fun show! The students had so much fun and if offered enough of a challenge to them that they were able to grow as actors and bring their own touches to each character."
- Review by Shannon Ordakowski, Northwestern High School, Albion, Pa.
- "My students had an absolute blast at the Edinburgh Fringe festival. The company got a 4-star review whilst there, and the play went down extremely well with audiences."
- Review by Bridey Yorath, Headington School, Oxford, United Kingdom
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The set and costumes can be as simple or as elaborate as you would like. We used some very old flats that were already a bit torn up and used paper towels and paint to create the illusion that the plaster and wall paper was coming off. The students designed the set and we were able to bring it to life on stage."
- Tip by Caitlyn Baldwin, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, Summerville, S.C.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).