Tired of auditions where all the actors spout the same familiar monologues? Frustrated with the lack of creative pieces for your particular age range? Are you looking for works that allow you to explore a wide variety of well-defined characters? Then this is the book for you! Burning Up the Stage is the ultimate collection for performers of all ages and abilities. Hundreds of innovative characters come to life in intense dramatic scenes, lyrical monologues and laugh-out-loud comedy sketches. Choose from more than 80 original works divided into four age categories: Children, Teens, Adults and Seniors. The book also contains valuable insights into the craft, such as: Audition Tips; What Makes a Good Actor; Stage Business, and other helpful information. Whether you are a beginning actor or a seasoned professional, you will find a wealth of material with which to polish your craft.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code B87000
- Pages 392
- Cost $30.95
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871298652
- "We performed skits and monologues from Burning Up the Stage to a sell-out crowd. If the audience laughter determines the success of this performance, it was a huge success. The show blew away the winter doldrums."
- Review by Ruthette Mills, Portage Players, Curtis, Mich.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).