A mysterious old woman lives in the misty mountains, making beautiful quilts for the poor. Meanwhile, the greedy king is desperate to find happiness, assuming it will come from one of the many presents he has demanded from his subjects. When the old woman refuses to give the king a quilt, she starts him on a journey of self-discovery that takes them both on a whimsical adventure. At times mystical, hilarious, gently provocative and touching, this intimate musical has delighted parents and children alike.
NotesIf interested in performing the musical with an accompaniment CD, contact Vincent Van Vleet at Phoenix Theatre.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code QB2000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583422472
- "We have been performing this production using the same script for the past three years. [This year] we chose to go with a younger age range in actors, 18 and under... The script provided enough stage direction for any age of actors to perform."
- Review by Kitty Czarnecki, Art & Soul Productions, El Dorado Hills, Calif.
Media Reviews"Delightful." -Los Angeles Times
"Outstanding...Exceptionally witty, charming lyrics...stellar material." -Arizona Republic
"Plenty to enjoy in this engaging fable." -Fort Worth Star Telegram
|The Gifts I Share||mp3||Download|
|I Don't Mean To Be Mean||mp3||Download|
|A Very Lonely Day||mp3||Download|
|The I Song||mp3||Download|