Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SF9000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 135 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420713
- "It was an effective and stimulating play to produce during a Diversity Week emphasis on our campus."
- Review by Robert Larson, Luther College, Decorah, IA
- "Solid play on racism."
- Review by Sandy Duke, Western Michigan University Theater Department, Kalamazoo, MI
- "This play is a forceful expose of racial perceptions and preconceptions within an academic environment. Gilman gets it right. Our audiences were actively engaged in the storyline."
- Review by Kathi Ellis, Pleiades Theatre Company, Louisville, KY
- "Spinning Into Butter is a thought provoking and entertaining play. Audience response was excellent. Lots of discussions were started. It's so much more than just an issue play."
- Review by Robert Bauer, The Drama Group, Philadelphia, Pa.
- "Spinning Into Butter was an easy choice to produce. Searing dialogue, realistic characters, one set, and a topic that is at once relevant and believable, and one which most everyone can walk away from somehow changed!"
- Review by Chad Badgero, Peppermint Creek Theatre Company, Mason, Mich.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Don't ignore the humor!"
- Tip by Robert Bauer, The Drama Group, Philadelphia, Pa.
- "We found that these characters are best played by actors close to the real age of the characters. The weight of these issues and the situations carry an importance that rings more true with actors of age."
- Tip by Chad Badgero, Peppermint Creek Theatre Company, Mason, Mich.
Media Reviews"[This play] will be provoking heated conversations, not to mention awkward moments, in the Lincoln Center subway stop for some time to come." -Variety
"Rebecca Gilman's provocative new play tackles the issue of raciscm with fresh vitality while standing political correctness on its head." -The Daily News
"This is a drama that will send audiences arguing into the night, and one that cries out to be seen." -The Daily Telegraph