Princess Lenore falls ill of a surfeit of raspberry tarts and cries for the moon. The king tells her she can have it today—tomorrow at the latest—and summons his wise men. First comes the Lord High Chamberlain, who wears thick glasses that make him look twice as wise as he really is. Then comes the Royal Wizard, who wears a high-peaked cap with silver stars on it. Finally, the Royal Mathematician, who can walk in squares, appears. But none of them can help the king get the moon. In fact, they can't even agree on how big it is or how far away. In despair, the king rings for the Court Jester. The way in which he obtains the moon and the lovely philosophy that goes with it make this one of the finest plays available to children.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code M17000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294142
- "Many Moons was a great way for my students to grow with outstanding characters. I was excited to see such lively lines. It really allowed my students a taste of children's theatre."
- Review by Allison Isom, PACT Charter School, Ramsey, Minn.
|Poudre High School||Fort Collins||Colorado||4/25/2019||4/28/2019|
|Punxsutawney Area Community Center||Punxsutawney||Pennsylvania||6/27/2019||6/29/2019|
|Verna Leigh Sawmill Theater @ Sawmill Center For The Arts||Cooksburg||Pennsylvania||7/4/2019||7/6/2019|