Caroline, a veteran social worker, thinks she has a typical case on her hands when she meets Peter and Karlie, two teenage drug addicts accused of neglecting their baby. But when she places their infant daughter in the care of Karlie's mother, Caroline sparks a family conflict that exposes a shadowy, secretive pastand forces her to make a risky decision with potentially disastrous consequences. Powerful and arresting, Luna Gale is a heartbreaking and unforgettable tale of love and betrayal.
Limited Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LK9000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 110 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583429952
- "This play gave our students and community a chance to really engage with a topic that often doesn't get discussed. Various viewpoints are expressed without becoming preachy or trying to sell the audience on the 'right' path. The outcome of this play really embraces the idea that life isn't always neat and tidy - life is messy and sometimes the best possible ending is one we never saw coming."
- Review by Rebecca Morrice, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, Pa.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Carefully consider how Luna Gale (the baby) will be present onstage even though there obviously isn't a real baby onstage. Her suggested presence is so important to gravity of the play so it's important to get the sound effects, props etc. correct. We highly recommend against trying to use a fake baby - she can be hinted at without going that far. Peter's discussion of the abuse that has happened to Karlie in her past can be difficult for that actor given its graphic nature so handle that well. Well delivered - that scene is extremely important to the play."
- Tip by Rebecca Morrice, Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, Pa.
Media Reviews"[An] excellent and intensely involving new drama." -Chicago Tribune
"A compelling and compassionate portrait of flawed people making impossible choices." -Chicago Reader
"It's real forceand Luna Gale packs quite the punchlies predominantly in its intensely sympathetic portrayal of the social worker whose job it is to figure out Luna's fate." -Chicago Tribune
"Ms. Gilman … has found a tough, complicated subject. She steers the drama into deeper and deeper waters as she explores the moral dimensionsand moral ambiguitiesof the case." -The New York Times
"Provocative and impassioned … So much is at stake in this story … A fast-paced, ferociously involving work … Bristling dialogue." -Chicago Sun-Times
"Smart and absorbing." -The New York Times
|Primal Forces at the Sol Theatre||Boca Raton||Florida||2/4/2021||2/21/2021|