Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which paper ignites. With simple sets and uncomplicated staging, this powerful drama is about the inner struggle of Guy Montag, a fireman. Montag has worked as a civil servant for ten years burning books, but lately he has become increasingly unsure about what he is doing and about his vegetable-like existence. It is not until he meets 16-year-old Clarisse, who is filled with strange ideas, that he is led into a dangerous and highly combustible situation. Now he must choose between continuing his nonexistent existence and risking everything for the right to think.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code F35000
- Cast Size 24
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 110 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293107
- "An incredibly relevant and prophetic play adaptation of a classic novel. A challenging piece for any company."
- Review by David Longford, The Royal Company, Nottingham, England
- "Honors the book and the medium. Great for school groups."
- Review by Joe Angel Babb, The Alley Theatre, Houston, Texas
- "This is one of the great classical pieces of literature that is worth being on the stage till the end of theatrical time."
- Review by Hope deFrenes, Montgomery Theater, Souderton, Pa.
- "Our students, teachers and patrons were on the edge of their seats. This powerful play delivers a message that every community needs to hear: it is dangerous when a society stops thinking and growing and, most importantly, reading. It was a challenge, but worth it!"
- Review by Hillary Bower, Tri-School Theatre, Anaheim, Calif.
- "It was an excellent show. English classes read Fahrenheit 451 at our school. We did a discussion group on the Internet and I contacted Ray Bradbury to tell him about our show and all the things we did. The students were most excited to hear from him."
- Review by Bob Howell, Illinois Valley Central High School, Chillicothe, Ill.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "A must is a fire pole Ñ we had one and it was most impressive. I used a JPEG from the Internet and, with projectors, had flames up both sides of the stage Ñ very startling."
- Tip by Bob Howell, Illinois Valley Central High School, Chillicothe, Ill.
|Arthur Miller Theatre||Ann Arbor||Michigan||4/25/2019||4/28/2019|
|Webster University||Saint Louis||Missouri||11/14/2018||11/18/2018|
|South Bend Civic Theatre||South Bend||Indiana||2/15/2019||2/20/2019|
|Waukegan High School||Waukegan||Illinois||11/2/2018||11/4/2018|
|Terra Nova High||Pacifica||California||11/9/2018||11/11/2018|
|Natrona County High School||Casper||Wyoming||10/18/2018||10/20/2018|
|Starr Auditorium||Buffalo||New York||11/8/2018||11/10/2018|