When the biggest highlight in your life for the past 30 years has been your weekly bridge night out with the "girls," what do you do when one of your foursome inconveniently dies? If you're Connie, Leona and Millie, three southern ladies from Birmingham, you do the most daring thing you've ever done. You "borrow" the ashes from the funeral home for one last card game, and the wildest, most exciting night of your lives involves a police raid, a stripper and a whole new way of looking at all the fun you can have when you're truly living. A winner of the AACTNewPlayFest, Exit Laughing broke all records for a nonmusical in Springfield Little Theatre's 50-year history at its premiere.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code E86000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619590205
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We performed without walls using only a front door and drapes."
- Tip by Heather Entner, Tumbleweed Theatre, Balgonie,Saskatchewan
- "You will need an urn that the lid will not fall off. I used a stainless steel kitchen canister that I found at a Goodwill Store. I used mod-podge to make it "gaudy" per the script. Also, go to You Tube to if you are going to make your own "tear away" pants for the stripper. I bought snap tape at Hobby Lobby. They worked really well. "
- Tip by Valinda Jones, Monroe Community Players, Monroe, Mich.
Media Reviews"Hysterically funny!" -News-Leader.com
|Western Washington Center for the Arts||Port Orchard||Washington||8/10/2018||9/2/2018|
|County Players||Wappingers Falls||New York||2/1/2019||2/16/2019|
|Fairview Library Theatre||Toronto||Ontario||9/27/2018||10/6/2018|
|The Rose Theater||Forsyth||Georgia||9/21/2018||9/30/2018|
|Cabrillo Playhouse||San Clemente||California||4/26/2019||5/19/2019|
|PowPAC, Poway's Community Theatre||Poway||California||5/3/2019||6/2/2019|