A collection of five short plays. Detective Sketches (Trouble Is Eating My Pants): A spoof of the film noir genre. Alex Diver is the best private investigator in town, according to the sign on his door. He gets tangled in a web of deception and death when the Lady In Green asks him to take a case. Escape from Groovytown: A man living in a cool neighborhood full of hipsters realizes he doesn't belong and runs away to the gritty side of town. Unfortunately, he can't stay away for long. Falling Through the Cracks: A comedy about a woman who is almost homeless confronting her son on the subway. Somewhere on the Coast of Belize: A comedy about two men from Manhattan attempting to unload their barge of garbage on a Third World power. At Night in the Asylum: A haunting choral reading piece that equates the fears of the inhabitants of a city dwelling with those of a madhouse.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code D23000
- Cast Size 7
- Pages 96
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871298010
- "A wonderful parody of every film noir or detective story you ever saw."
- Review by Carolyn Ayres, Fortuna High School, Fortuna, CA
- "A perfect short piece for adult community theatre. The audience loved itÑprobably because they remember film noir, Sam Spade, Mike Hammer and Zippo lighters."
- Review by Carol Wroblewski, Sun City Community Theatre, Bluffton, S.C.
- "What a fabulous play for a high-school festival. Our adjudicator loved the script, and the adults in the audience got every joke. The students were entertained by the fast-paced comedy and the stylish acting."
- Review by Paula Zentner, Maple Ridge Secondary School, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Keep it simpleÑdon't kill the humor with expansive sets."
- Tip by Johnnie Hill, Tullahoma High School, Tullahoma, Tenn.
|Cape Cod Community College||West Barnstable||Massachusetts||2/9/2018||2/11/2018|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).