Based on the popular children's book series The Cow Who Wouldn't Come Down, The Pig Who Ran a Red Light and The Goose Who Went Off in a Huff, Cows Don't Fly captures the vision of a world where extraordinary things happen on a regular basis. Can Gertrude the Cow play the piano? No problem. Can Miss Rosemary create a homemade cow? Easy as apple pie! Can a lost baby elephant find happiness with a runaway goose? Cows Don't Fly was originally written for a versatile company of four actors who played a total of 15 characters, switching identities by pulling a hat or a prop out of the pouches they wear. If you want to spread the fun around, you can use more actors.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CG1000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- "What a delightful play! I was in stitches the whole time, and so were the children around me. ItÕs a wonderful little story about dreaming your wildest dreams, and the acceptance of individuality—all those ideals we want to share with children through the theatre."
- Review by Appalachian Young Peoples Theatre, North Carolina