The literary world is turned upside down in this funny and clever program of six comic playlets that allows for a wide variety of casting. Jane Austen, Ernest Hemingway, Dorothy Parker and Oscar Wilde argue about Star Wars and Harry Potter in a sports bar; Homer confronts his agent about his new epic poem; Edgar Allan Poe and Emily Dickinson meet through a computer dating service; a contemporary couple encounters literary nonsense in a library; and some historians learn details about Shakespeare’s life by going through his trash.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code WJ8000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781619592094
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "I did it without blackouts, and used "giant book spines" on castors to roll in front of one side of the stage or the other. This eliminate pauses and slowing down while still allowing the audience to applaud the previous scene and get ready to take in the next."
- Tip by Kevin Yale Vernon, Norma Community HS, Normal, Ill.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).