This dramatization places the jungle of India on a children's playground. The dialogue and action refer to the jungle, but the play draws color and style from a child's intense world of playfulness, loyalty, adventure and betrayal. Mowgli, the human child, grows up in the jungle, raised by wolves under the guidance of Baloo the bear. The tiger, Sherakhan, killed his parents and wants the boy's flesh, but Bagheera, the lone panther, protects him. Mowgli grows up wild and unconcerned, believing he's a wolf; but the tiger works long and hard to poison the wolf pack against him. With rope stolen from the human village, Mowgli meets and destroys Sherakhan; but his use of "manthing" has broken jungle law. Mowgli must choose whether to defy the law or leave the jungle forever.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J54000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583428917
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We used scaffolding to create an urban jungle. Be creative with movement and music. "
- Tip by Penny Miller, Abbotsford School of Integrated Arts, Abbotsford, BC
|Robert E. Hirsch Performing Arts Center||Ocean Springs||Mississippi||11/16/2023||11/18/2023|
|The Griffin Auditorium||Griffin||Georgia||10/20/2023||10/20/2023|
|W. H. Adamson High School||Dallas||Texas||6/15/2023||6/15/2023|