Will Dorothy and Toto ever find their way back to Kansas? Will her friends, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion, ever find a brain, a heart and the nerve? The answer is definitely "yes" when your audience help the plot along in this participation play. Your audience will be simultaneously engaged in two very entertaining activities—experiencing the theatre by actually being involved in the action and rescuing Dorothy and her friends from the Wicked Witch of the West.
Read an Excerpt
- Christmas in the Land of Oz
- Dorothy Meets Alice
- The Patchwork Girl of Oz
- Scraps! The Ragtime Girl of Oz
- The Wizard of Oz (Martens)
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- Dorothy Meets Alice or The Wizard of Wonderland
- Ozma of Oz: A Tale of Time
- OZ (revised manuscript)
- The Wizard of Oz (Thane)
- The Wizard of Oz (Musical, Jackson)
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code D27000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871298027
- "This interactive play was a great fit for our small theatre and with our "For Kids, By Kids" theatre mission. We were able to give our young actors important training on inviting and controlling participation, and the children in our audiences loved being the munchkins. Being able to help Dorothy and play a role was a special experience that helped make this story more accessible to young audiences."
- Review by Allison McCall, Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine, Portland, Maine
- "Charming. The children in the audience gave themselves wholeheartedly to the event."
- Review by Dr. Susan Steadman, Offshoot Productions, Peachtree City, GA
- "Our most popular show of the summer season. The audience responded so well, we will probably do this show again next year! Wonderful participation."
- Review by Carey Cahoon, Palace Professional Theatre for Children, Manchester, NH
- "Our church is just beginning a theatre ministry under my leadership and promotion. Oz was our first show performed mainly for underprivileged children's audiences and it was indeed a "rousing" success! The children wrote us many cute letters on how they loved Dorothy, the other characters and especially how they got to be trees."
- Review by Frances Johnson, First Presbyterian Church, Orlando, Fla.
|Madison Community Arts Center||Madison||New Jersey||10/30/2020||10/30/2020|