The whole town is excited about Larry Benson's homecoming. More than that, they're astonished because Larry was reported missing in action on a distant battlefield more than three years ago. Everyone had given up and now he's suddenly coming home! But when he arrives, the young soldier who comes calling "Mom! Dad!" is a stranger. He continues to insist that he's Larry, and only after the buildup of tension and drama does the moment of truth and vindication arrive.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code D12000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871298430
- "The Death and Life of Larry Benson is a beautiful play addressing the effects of war and PTSD. This play begs for deep character development within a wide range of emotions."
- Review by Lorie Harkins, Paradise High School, Paradise, Texas
- "This is a touching play. The audience was moved and there were good parts for all. Though not as well known as some plays, it will become a favorite."
- Review by Darlene Yasick, Hopkins High School, Hopkins, MI
- "The cast rose to the challenge of creating multi-dimensional charactersÑthe key to the success I think is the subtlety of their relationships as they develop over the course of the show."
- Review by Troy Brewster, Shanley Catholic High School, Moorhead, Minn.
- "This compelling story grabs the attention of the audience from the first line. My high school group produced believable characters and drew tears and applause at the end."
- Review by Courtney Thomas, Elysian Fields High School, Elysian Fields, Texas
- "This play was a challenge for high-school students to feel so deeply. One of the overall best shows I have produced. When you see people in the audience crying, you know they are feeling something."
- Review by Jennifer Henselin, Oshkosh North High School, Oshkosh, Wis.
- "A thought-provoking and riveting tale that allows actors to explore a myriad of emotions, strong characters, lots of subtext, and a fascinating story."
- Review by Vance Sarlow, Randolph Middle School, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas