NotesThe same book is used for both the musical and non-musical versions.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code TS6000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583427446
- "This is a fun and educational one act that is suitable for touring to schools or retirement homes. My students loved learning about the different theatre styles. It has a flexible cast and can be done by small or large casts. Sets, props, and costuming can be as simple or elaborate as you choose. Audiences uniformly loved the show."
- Review by Irene Miller, Crystal Sea Drama Company, San Antonio, Texas
"Great piece. Entertains both the children and adults in the audience.
Lots of laughs and a great intro to multiple styles of theatre for both the cast and the audience.
- Review by Aviva Wolman, Teen Tour Theatre, Pierrefonds, Quebec
- "Totally RED! could not have been better suited to the needs of our school and community. The script was witty and fun as well as educational. Students enjoyed rehearsal every time and performances even more."
- Review by Audrey Linville, Meadows Valley School, New Meadows, Idaho
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Definitely have someone do live sound effects. We also had "sign people" who held up "yay," "sigh," and "boo" signs during the melodrama section. We used black shirts and pants as the base costume, then added hats, scarves, skirts, etc., to show the differing characters. "
- Tip by Irene Miller, Crystal Sea Drama Company, San Antonio, Texas
“It’s a fun take on the classic story we all know and love.” —Daily Globe
“There’s something to grab everyone’s attention in this, and it’s very appropriate and appealing for families and children of all ages.” —Daily Globe
“The new/old take on Little Red Riding Hood features five vignettes done in various styles.” —Abilene Reporter-News
“Little Red Riding Hood gets several makeovers in this creative introduction to theatre styles.” —BYU Scholar’s Archive
“The script itself is humorous. … Dialogue is flowing and natural.” —BYU Scholar’s Archive
“This is a unique and fun retelling, in multiple styles, of the classic battle of wit and deception: Little Red Riding Hood.” —KPAC
|Legacy High School||Broomfield||Colorado||12/11/2019||12/12/2019|
|Lidgerwood High School||Lidgerwood||North Dakota||11/12/2019||11/13/2019|
|Studio Theater, Dept. of Communication, Pittsburg State University||Pittsburg||Kansas||12/6/2019||12/7/2019|