Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CR5000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 85 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781619591622
- "This is a fast paced and funny show ... everyone who saw the show loved it! "
- Review by Caitlyn Bryant, Liberty High School, Liberty, S.C.
- "The Complete History of Theatre (abridged) was a fun show that worked well with the restrictions brought about due to COVID-19. The show provided many laughs for the audience."
- Review by John Baker, York College, York, Neb.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Like it says in the play it has great physical demands, a multitude of characters and a LOT of lines. I recommend starting earlier than you normally would so you can spend a week making sure your performers understand all of the references and jokes."
- Tip by Caitlyn Bryant, Liberty High School, Liberty, S.C.
“Madcap and pretty bonkers, yet strangely authoritative.” —San Diego Union-Tribune
“Will appeal to drama geeks and anyone in the mood for old-fashioned wacky entertainment.” —TalkinBroadway.com
“Slapstick reminiscent of a Monty Python sketch.” —TalkinBroadway.com
“Let legendary theatrical characters such as William Shakespeare and Constantin Stanislavsky entertain and inform you on your journey through the world's best-known lines and beloved plays performed at breakneck speed during a rollicking 90-minute ride.” —TheatreinSanDiego.com
“Theatrical greats William Shakespeare, Sarah Bernhardt and Constantin Stanislavsky take us on a wild and wacky journey through the history of theatre from Aristophanes to Emile Zola.” —PerformingArtsLive.com
“A rapid-paced, well-coordinated, fast and furious, no-time-to-take-a-breath shout-out of all the works of Simon, Williams and Pinter. The amazing show of aptitude and agility is worth the price of the ticket.” —San Diego Examiner
“Theater magic happens, as the troupe makes their lightning-fast way through thousands of years of playwrights, from Aeschylus to Albee, Ionesco to Woody Allen, Strindberg to Sondheim, Ibsen to August Wilson.” —KNSD Radio
|Dominion Middle School||Columbus||Ohio||11/18/2022||11/19/2022|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).