It all started when Delores, an unhappy housewife, and George, a shoe salesman, met at Shoe Fantasy and it was love at first shoe-fitting. The only thing standing in the way was Delores' doting but half-witted husband, Marvin, who would never agree to a divorce. So there was only one thing left to do—kill Marvin so they can run off together and live a carefree life of passion and romance in a tropical paradise. The lovers come up with a crazy plan to poison Marvin over dinner. Delores invites George to dinner and introduces him to Marvin as a new friend. While Marvin checks on dessert, they slip poison into his wine. But things get out of hand when Marvin doesn't fall for the bait. What was supposed to be a simple foolproof murder turns into a hilarious fiasco when Esperanza, the eccentric Spanish-speaking maid, arrives on the wrong day and she, too, falls for George. Now George and Delores have to devise a way to get rid of the lovesick Esperanza and carry out their plan to kill Marvin—that is without killing each other first! Their attempts get funnier and funnier as the lovers try again and again to finish the job only to have Esperanza and Marvin unknowingly foil their plans each time—resulting in this wacky tale of love, murder, and…shoes!
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code I88000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Praise Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781583423172
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).