In the middle of the night, our unexpressed hopes, needs and fears can possess us, and there are times when all of us lie awake in the dark, feeling vulnerable and alone. The young playwrights from the Walden Theatre Conservatory have explored these profoundly felt emotions and have written, in response, an extraordinarily insightful collection of scenes and monologues that together make up a full evening of theatre. The pieces that comprise this play are funny, sad, disturbing, real; they are the honest and forthright expressions of "today." The play focuses on subjects that range from the lighthearted anxieties of teenage love to the pain and loss of divorce or suicide. The experiences of youth, with all the exuberance and all the pain, provide an opportunity for young actors and their audience to examine their own wants and needs and to gain understanding of the wants and dreams of others. Please note that this play has some strong language which may be deleted.
This playbook includes the following titles.
Sometimes I Wake Up
Ophelia's Corner (Ophilia I)
Try Again Eugene
And Then the Really Weird Stuff Started
What Theo Did
Ophelia's Corner (Ophelia II)
Sometimes I Wake Up in the Middle of the Night
Any Ending Will Do
Ophelia's Corner (Ophelia III)
Ha, Ha, Ha
The Big Break
When I Grow Up
Ophelia's Corner (Ophelia IV)
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code S71000
- Cast Size 10
- Pages 64
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293763
- "What a great high school ensemble show! After our performance, three other schools called to ask who carried the title. Teenagers love this show. Its simplicity is great for schools with little financial support."
- Review by Theresa Kimball, Mt. Zion High School, Jonesboro, GA
- "A poignant look at the trials, tribulations and triumphs of growing up! A great ensemble piece."
- Review by Nate Campbell, Badger Ridge Middle School, Verona, WI
- "It was very well suited to young actors who did not have a lot of stage experience. It allowed them to just "be themselves" and look really impressive doing it!"
- Review by Anita Livingston, Chesapeake College, Wye Mills, Md.
|Trimble Tech High School||Fort Worth||Texas||5/16/2019||5/17/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).